Sunday, March 18, 2018

The Wisdom of House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi

We have the Tao of Mao Pensees by Pascal “I think, therefore I am” by Descartes And now comes the profundities of House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi “We will fight this sham lawsuit and will fight all cowardly attacks on our immigrant communities.” “Embrace the suck” “Where fencing will do or mowing the grass so that people can’t be smuggled through the grass” “In terms of the bonus that corporate America receives versus the crumbs that they are giving to workers.” “First, Bush cut taxes for the rich and the economy has rebounded with new record low unemployment rates, which only means wealthily employers are getting even wealthier at the expense of the underpaid working class.” Every month we do not have an economic recovery package,500 million Americans will lose their jobs.” We avow the First Amendment. We stand with that and say that people have a right to have a gun to protect themselves in their homes and jobs …” “Well, I’m with the 11th Amendment, so … or, is it the 11th Amendment that, uh? 14th Amendment, is it? Whatever it is I’m with the Constitution of the United States.” “We have to pass this bill [ObamaCare] for you to find out what’s in it.” “The most privileged person in America has better health because if everyone has health, everyone is in the loop.” “waiting rooms in the emergency rooms will allow you to make new friends.” “I believe in natural gas as a clear, clean alternative to fossil fuels.” “I don’t think [Obama’s] ever done anything for political reasons.” “We have to support the Palestinians and what they need. And we have to confer with the Qataris, who have told us over and over that Hamas is a humanitarian organization.” “I must have good genes from my parents because I feel no slowdown of energy, enthusiasm, or memory.” Let us not forget her classic: “I’m a master legislator. I’m a strategic, politically astute leader.”

No comments: